Deep massage and mobilising techniques
NEXT WORKSHOP: See the Diary for workshop dates, cost, locations, etc
1 day course
This 1 day course begins with a ‘hands on’ review of the main muscles of the neck and upper back and their actions. We then work with the client in a supine position, which enables us to work on most of the neck and upper shoulder muscles and is a good position for mobilising the neck.
Techniques covered for this area include:
- deep massage techniques for stretching and softening the muscles
- sliding and stationary pressure techniques for specific tension release
- applied stretches and mobilisations for increasing neck flexibility.
4 day course – Releasing the Neck, Shoulders and Lower Back
There is also a 4 day course covering the neck, shoulders and lower back, which incorporates and extends the work on these areas – with the client prone, supine, side-lying and seated (clothed).
As well as covering specific techniques, these courses look at:
- applying the techniques appropriately – monitoring the client’s responses, and choosing and adapting the techniques for the individual client (including how to moderate the pressure)
- blending firm techniques and stretches fluidly into massage sessions
- good hand and bodyuse by the practitioner (working with minimum strain and maximum effectiveness)
“I can immediately think of some clients who are going to love this”
Note: This course on Releasing the Neck is self-contained. However the techniques covered in the Freeing the Shoulders course complements it, particularly for working on the overlapping area at the upper shoulder/base of the neck, so the two courses work well together.